Thursday, June 17, 2010

T.N.T. for the Brain


Enigma; Michael Cretu could not have summed up his solo project better. The best thing about Enigma, in my opinion, is how it's so incredibly unique. Never before have I heard anything like this. It's truly compelling musically, and extremely relaxing mentally. When I'm with my friends, we don't say to each other, "I'm in such a chill mood right now," but rather, "I'm in such an Enigma mood right now." And it's true, nothing compares to the work of Cretu. True fact: many of my favorite high school memories come from listening to the sensual lyrics and beautiful synthesizers of Enigma. Time after time I would find myself sitting in front of the Wendy's on Red Bug, clogging my arteries with Grant at like one o'clock in the morning, whilst listening to Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! It's just like sensory overload; smelling, tasting, hearing, completely careless relaxation. You all should try it sometime, honest. We've sat in the car for hours on end listening to Enigma, among other things. Another vivid memory I have from this psychedelic music are my instances using Marijuana. The complexity of the music really jumps out at you when you're senses are multiplied. Also, the 'floating on clouds' aspect of the music really tickled me in these cases. Quite an experience to say the least. If you have nothing better to do at the moment, you really should invest some time into listening to the work of Michael Cretu and the Enigma project. It's quite the journey for your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment